Chat Mats from Coffee Companions really are for anyone, anywhere at any time – especially when mind reading doesn’t work. However, some people will feel nervous or daunted by the idea of sitting there with a Chat Mat on their table waiting to see if someone will join them – that is why Coffee Companions also includes the notion of Companions Hour. Locations that register via the website will be listed so that those either living in or visiting the area can see who is particularly happy to welcome new and existing customers wanting to chat. In the longer term this will have a nominal monthly cost to encourage locations to keep their listing up to date (we don’t want someone to pluck up their courage, perhaps venture out for the first time in a while, and then be turned away) but for the next 3 months (at least), locations can ‘give it a go’ for FREE with no long term obligation.
- For the location this may be a way to fill the empty tables at a time that is normally quiet.
- For individuals this can provide a stepping stone to something more – new connections or a place to eat when cooking is unappealing.
- For groups this might provide a chance to talk to potential new members, chat through ideas with a new group of people, or simply provide a focus for a group outing.
- For business locations this might provide an easier alternative that arranging a full on Randomised Coffee Trial.
|Mobile General Enquiries||07954 440241 0845 003 0630|
- Age UK
- Big Lottery Fund
- Bluebird Care
- Alliance Boots
- Cabinet Office
- Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation
- Campaign to End Loneliness
- Caritas Social Action Network
- Castlehaven Community Association
- Community Network
- Community Transport for the Lewes Area Ltd (CTLA)
- Complete Community Care Ltd
- Contact the Elderly
- Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
- East Midlands Later Life Forum
- Friends of the Elderly
- Fuss Free Phones
- Future Years (Yorkshire and Humber Regional Forum on Ageing)
- Hampshire County Council