In this week’s edition we welcome as new members.
- Age Concern Liverpool and Sefton
- Solicitors for Older People Scotland
- Brighton & Hove City Council
- And don’t forget for a full list of all our members click here
(Please note that with next week being Easter there will not be a members’ update. So look out for a bumper edition the following Monday
Opportunity for Action
1) The Age Action Alliance group on the social and economic contribution of older people welcomes you to join us for our next meeting. This will be held at Oxford Jam on April 11th at 1-2pm , a conference for and about Social Entrepreneurs which runs alongside the Skoll World Forum on Social Entrepreneurship in Oxford.
The group is in the process of forming it’s ideas about the opportunities and barriers to people of 50+ becoming social entrepreneurs. We are interested in hearing about the range of business models currently used by older people to deliver social good, and to think through whether new models are needed to fit the priorities of later life people to make social contributions and to earn an income. We would love to hear your contribution to these conversations, and if you like it you are welcome to the group on a regular basis.
Here is the link to join the free workshop in Oxford. You can register for the conference for free and sign up to the session so we know you are coming OR you can just show up.
Information update ….