Damaris Silver Screen is a ground-breaking initiative that seeks to re-engage lonely older people in cinema as an enriching social activity. We are pleased that this is also supporting cutting edge research at the University of Southampton into non-pharmacological interventions for the prevention of dementia.
And we’re delighted that the press have also picked up the story which means that momentum is really building for this fantastic cause. Read today’s Daily Mail article and watch yesterday’s BBC South Today report at www.damaris.org/dementia We plan to do further pilots of Damaris Silver Screen in Wessex before a national roll-out. Currently we are raising funding for the project through grant applications, corporate sponsors and the glamorous Rotary Red Carpet Gala Screenings.
How can I get involved?
- Help us spread the word by sharing this email with your friends and contacts
- Raise awareness by posting your favourite film quote on Twitter using #linetoremember and www.damaris.org/silverscreen
- Read more at www.damaris.org/silverscreen and keep up to date with developments by following us on Twitter
- Set up fundraising events and tell us about them on our Virgin Money Giving page
- Visit our Virgin Money Giving page to donate to the project
- Text ‘SILV33 £5’ to 70070 to make a £5 donation now
Damaris Silver Screen