Opportunities for Action
- Age Platform Europe UK would like to invite Age Action Alliance members to their meeting to discuss Brexit and older people.The meeting will include an update from Maciej Kucharczyk, Policy Director at AGE Platform Europe.
Date: Tuesday 3 October
Time: 2:00pm – 4:00pm
Location: Age UK, Tavis House, 1-6 Tavistock Square, London WC1H 9NAAs space will be limited in the room please RSVP to James Farrar (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you plan to attend.
- The NHS and Public Health England are launching this year’s Be Clear on Cancer respiratory symptoms campaign. The campaign encourages anyone aged over 50 who has had a cough for three weeks or more or who gets out of breath doing things they used to be able to do, to visit their GP as they could be signs of lung or heart disease, or even cancer.To learn more about the campaign go to the campaign website, or to get involved go to the campaign resource centre.
- Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance will be hosting an Autumn dance event for ages 60 and over in September. Workshops will take place from 4-6 September and 11-13 September. You can find out more on the Trinity Laban website.
For Your Information
- The Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation has released a series of short podcasts as part of its Transitions in Later Life programme.Click here to listen to the podcasts.
- Age UK and Damaris Media have partnered to produce a companion booklet for the upcoming historical drama film Victoria and Abdul. The film humorously explores questions of race, religion and power through the prism of a highly unusual and deeply moving friendship and stars Dame Judi Dench and Ali Fazal.Download the guide here.
- Future Years Yorkshire and Humber Regional Forum on Ageing have published their monthly newsletter. Read it here.
Do you have an item you would like to feature in the Weekly Members’ News …or a blog you would like to feature on the AAA website?
Get involved! Send it to us at: email@example.com