This week we welcome new member
- Voices of older people affected by a loved one’s alcohol or drug use by Alison Hill, Policy and Communications Assistant at Adfam
Opportunities for Action
- On Tuesday 25 April during Business in the Community‘s Responsible Business Week (#RBWeek), they are asking you and your employees to get involved with their social media #JustGettingStarted day. We want older workers to share where they are in their working lives and the changes they may have made to get there. We want to learn how they are ‘just getting started’ in the next stage of their working lives. Click here to find out how you may get involved!
- What Happens Now? Many changes surround us and potentially impact our lives. We offer a convivial space to feel our humanity as we face the shifting tides. An evening of Playback Theatre is a welcome place to reflect, exchange and reconnect with each other. After our performance we offer refreshments as we continue our conversations. This event will be held on Thursday 04 May in London. Click here for booking details.
- Wise Age are pleased to announce that we are now able to provide another round of Resourcing Older People’s Employment Support (ROPES) training. The free training, which takes place on three consecutive Tuesdays in May, provides third sector and voluntary organisations with the skills and resources they need to help older working age people (50+) into work. The training is free for voluntary organisations and charities based in a number of London boroughs. Click here for the details.
- Letchworth Centre for Healthy Living have a vacancy for a part-time Saturday receptionist to work three Saturdays per month at their busy Centre. Normal working hours are 8.15am – 4.00pm. There may also be an opportunity to do additional hours during the week when cover is required. Click here for details on how to apply.
For your information
- Silver Sunday is an annual day of fun and free activities for older people across the UK. Led by The Sir Simon Milton Foundation, it celebrates the value and knowledge they contribute to our communities while combating loneliness and isolation. Everyone can get involved, whether that’s organising an event, spreading the word, or simply attending an activity. The next Silver Sunday is on 1st October 2017. Click here to read more and find out about the different events being held across the UK.
- The 2017 Mature Marketing Summit. Speakers announced! The Mature Marketing Summit is Europe’s leading event for anyone interested in the mature/50+ market. And these days, this should mean just about everybody in marketing. A full day of speakers and networking, it takes place in London in October. Click here to find out more.
We will be taking a break for the early May Bank Holiday, and our next newsletter will be published on Monday 08 May.
*Do you have an item you would like to feature in the Weekly Members’ News …or a blog you would like to feature on the AAA website?*
Get involved! Send it to us at: email@example.com
For more information please check out the Age Action Alliance website:
Packed full of useful resources across 15 main themes, you can also access our A-Z catalogue here.