Opportunities for Action
- Do you need more high quality Trustees/Management Committee members? Not sure how to go about finding them? Age UK London and the City Bridge Trust are hosting a free workshop on Wednesday 05 July in London. Delivered by an expert in the field exploring a range of ideas, experiences and practical resources to help you cover all the key elements of trustee/management committee recruitment including practical and free/low-cost solutions. It is particularly suited to anyone in an organisation who has responsibility for recruiting new Board/Committee members. Click here to find out more and see the booking details.
- Invitation to take part in a survey from rhc advantage, a founder member of the Mature Marketing Assocation. This is for a company they are advising – The Walled Garden Company – and seeks your opinion on the subjects of cremation, commemoration and the celebration of life. They would really appreciate your contribution, particularly as this is such a serious and sensitive subject. The survey contains 20 short questions and should take around five minutes to complete. To enable people who do not have access to a computer to take part in the survey, it is possible to enter their response online on their behalf. (The survey will accept multiple entries from the same device.) Everyone who takes part is eligible for a draw to win a first prize of £250 Marks and Spencer vouchers. Click here for all the details.
- Showing we care about Inclusion – Accessibility Guide Guy’s and St Thomas’ invite you to attend their ‘Showing we care about Inclusion’ event, being held at Guy’s and St Thomas’ Foundation Trust. The event will launch the new Accessibility Guides that have been developed in an innovative partnership with DisabledGo. The guides have been developed after the completion of comprehensive audits of each hospital site and our community settings. The guides will support patients, families and carers to find the most accessible routes too and around our hospitals and community sites, and meet our committed to improving access for all our patients. The event will take place on Friday 21 July in Governors’ Hall at St Thomas’ Hospital. Click here for further information.
For your information
- The Scottish Older People’s Assembly have published their newsletter for June 2017, with lots of news of what’s going on in Scotland. Click here to read their newsletter.
- The Smart Energy GB in Communities newsletter, issued quarterly, is out now. Click here to catch up on their news, and find out how to subscribe to future copies. To sign up directly for the newsletter, go to http://www.nea.org.uk/smartenergygb/e-newsletter/
- Volunteer Initiative Wins Prestigious United Nations Award The Senior Citizen Liaison Team Charity (SCLT) from the South West of England and South Wales is among the winners to receive the prestigious UN Public Service Award on Friday 23 June, for its initiative to provide specialised, protective, fraud education services for the older adult population of the Region. Ashley Jones received the 2017 UN Public Service Award at a ceremony held in The Hague, Netherlands on behalf of the SCLT, the team which he founded in 2009. Read more about this amazing achievement here.
- Age UK London have published their June 2017 issue of London Funding Voice, their quarterly e-bulletin giving details of funding opportunities for organisations in London representing or working with older people. Click here to read it.