Opportunities for Action
- Age UK London happily invites you to their conference: Older Private Renters in London – Which Way Forward?
With funding from the Nationwide Foundation, they have been working with older private renters to find out their views, experiences, and raise awareness of their needs. Attend to hear our conclusions & discuss the findings with representatives of the Mayor of London and other key organisations.Date: Monday 9th October
Time: 10:30am – 4:00pm
Location: Coin Street Conference Centre, 108 Stamford Street, SE1 9NH (near Waterloo station)
You can find out more and register on the event website.
- The Mature Marketing Association would like to invite AAA members to its 4th Annual Conference; The Mature Marketing Summit.
This leading event in Europe will have eight world-class speakers, covering a range of subjects from advertising, design and direct marketing to PR, research and financial services. Multiple networking opportunities and seated ‘Power Lunch’!
Date: Tuesday 10th October
Time: 9:00am – 4:30pm
Location: Cavendish Conference Centre,
Duchess Mews, London W1G 9TD
Cost: £199 for members – please use code AAA199 when you book.
Full information and booking form are at www.the-mma.org/summit
- Adfam is excited to announce a free day they are running in London, open for anyone (parent, guardian, kinship & foster carers etc.) who has experienced any form of abusive behavior (physical, verbal, emotional, financial etc.) from a substance-using son or daughter. This will be an opportunity for parents/guardians to come together, meet others like them, obtain skills via training, and discuss issues.
Date: Friday 20th October
Time: 09:30am – 5:00pm
Location: Resource for London, 356 Holloway Road, London, N7 6PA
Full information and booking form visit here
- The NEA has been commissioned to carry out a Health & Fuel Poverty review, on behalf of the Dept. for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and Liverpool City Council to collate information on energy efficiency or fuel poverty schemes operating across the UK which either entirely or in part are deliberately targeting households containing someone with a health condition or disability and are either entirely or partly funded by health – or health funding has been sought.
Complete this survey by 4pm on the 6th October to help.
For Your Information
- SCIE and NICE have created a quick guide which provides a brief overview of how managers can work with hospitals and other services to ensure a good experience of transition for the people in their care. The guide, which is available online and as a PDF, will also be useful for staff training.
For the full guide click here.
- Sainsbury’s has asked over 8,000 people to tell them how they’re living – from their relationships with family and friends, to whether they own their own home, how secure they feel in their finances and jobs and much more.
It’s all recorded in the Living Well Index – created by Sainsbury’s, in partnership with leading researchers.
For more information & full report click here.